The Prevention Project™ curriculum is Richmond Justice Initiative’s award-winning, signature prevention education program. Richmond Justice Initiative (RJI) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate, equip, and mobilize communities to be a force in the global movement to end human trafficking.
The Prevention Project program exists to prevent teen human trafficking.
In order to eradicate human trafficking – the sale and exploitation of human beings for profit – we believe we must educate young people about the lures of trafficking and invest in character and leadership development. The Prevention Project curriculum exists to not only prevent trafficking from occurring, but also to create and equip student leaders to be a part of the solution, bringing lasting change for our communities and beyond.
The Prevention Project curriculum was developed and produced by:
1)Human trafficking survivors
3)Advocates from leading anti-trafficking organizations
In addition, each year, we ask for feedback from students and teachers who have been through the program and consider current trends of human trafficking, as reported by field experts, in order to provide the most updated content for our students.
- The Prevention Project program is an academic curriculum administered to middle and high school students in their classrooms, after-school program, or youth group, etc.
- The high school version is 6 lessons, and the middle school version is 2 lessons.
- Each lesson is designed to be at least 45-50 minutes long, and the lesson plans all include important resources, learning objectives, a list of materials needed, videos, interactive activities, discussion questions, teacher notes for the entire lesson, homework assignments, and additional resources.
- The Prevention Project curriculum aligns with certain SOL and Common Core requirements for middle and high school grades in Social Studies, Health, and English/Language Arts.
- The curriculum’s lesson plans are straightforward and easy to use.
Let’s Get Started!
We know you are busy, so we’ve made this process very simple:
- Complete the contact form below to reach out to us to express your interest in getting the Prevention Project program into your area; we will be in touch to provide all information needed for you to get started.
- Next, set up a meeting with the decision-maker in your school or organization for curriculums (Principal, Head Counselor, Teacher, etc.).
- Once the program is approved, we will provide a welcome packet, set up a date for teachers to go through the “train the trainer” session, and assist every step of the way throughout the implementation of the program.
Thank you so much for your interest in bringing key prevention education to your community’s teens! To find out more about getting the Prevention Prevention program in your area, please fill out the contact form below:
Photo credit: A Girl Named Leney